rolled his ankle before crumpling to the floor.

SALT LAKE CITY -- James Harden ran into what felt like a brick wall and rolled his ankle before crumpling to the floor. He didnt let that stop him. After getting fouled hard by Enes Kanter on a fast break in the third quarter and twisting his ankle, Harden shook it off --the same way his Houston Rockets shook off a 19-point deficit and rolled to 104-93 victory over Utah on Saturday night that kept the Jazz winless and the Rockets undefeated. "I had to block out the pain. We had momentum, especially there in the third quarter. We came out with our defensive intensity at such a high level that I didnt want to let anything slow me down," said Harden, who had 16 of his 23 points in the second half. Despite his swollen ankle, Harden saved his best for last. "It was time for me to step up and take over the game. Its that simple," he said. Chandler Parsons scored 24 points, Jeremy Lin added 20 and the Rockets (3-0) outscored the Jazz 64-37 in the second half. After John Lucas made a jumper to beat the shot clock and pull the Jazz within 95-90 with 3:27 left, the Rockets allowed just one field goal the rest of the way and Harden ran the pick-and-roll repeatedly down the stretch. "We got stops and rebounds so we could get out and run," Lin said. "And then a couple guys got hot, and that just becomes contagious." Kanter made an inside jumper to give Utah its final lead, 85-83 with 7:11 remaining. Harden drove for a layup, Lin hit a 3-pointer and Parsons followed with another basket to start the game-ending run. Richard Jefferson led Utah with 18 points and Kanter added 16 for the Jazz, who looked disjointed once the Rockets increased their defensive pressure in the second half. "They came out in the third and played with a lot more energy than we had. They made shots and executed their offence and those guys really took it to us," Utah coach Tyrone Corbin said. The loss marked the first time the Jazz have started a season with three consecutive defeats since they began 0-4 in the 1979-80 season, the year the franchise moved to Utah. Harden made two free throws to cap a 15-2 run in the third quarter that knotted the game at 60-60. Dwight Howard had 10 and Harden had nine in the quarter in helping Houston outscore Utah 33-17. "We put ourselves to the test. Being down 16 at halftime, we might have just caved in and gave up last year but this year we fought back. Thats the difference," Harden said. Parsons, who also grabbed 12 rebounds, kept the Rockets in the game with 20 points in the first half, when the Jazz outrebounded Houston 27-12 and dominated the paint. "I was struggling the first two games, especially with my shot," Parsons said. "And then in this one, the other guys were struggling and I finally had it going. My teammates believed in me and I was shooting with confidence." The Jazz led 56-37 just before the half, following a stretch that featured a dunk by Gordon Hayward and a layup by Derrick Favours that brought the crowd to its feet. "In the first half, we were just letting them score, letting them make their cuts, and doing whatever they wanted. They were outhustling us," Harden said. Howard finished with 15 points playing against Utahs young frontcourt of Kanter and Favours most of the game. But Utah had no answer for the Rockets defensive pressure and Hardens playmaking in the second half. "We have the potential to be a very good defensive team. With those two big guys (Howard, Omer Asik) behind us, it makes us want to be more aggressive and we were out in passing lanes, disrupting their offence and making them uncomfortable," Parsons said. The Jazz began missing shots and Houston was able to unleash its fast break and went 23 for 36 in final two quarters. Once Harden started breaking down Utahs defence, the Rockets began finding open shots all over the court. "In the second half, it was vice versa. We got every loose ball, rebounded the ball and got out in transition. We played our basketball," Harden said. Minnesota Twins Jerseys . On Thursday theyll learn even more. Despite the cloud of uncertainty that has followed them around from the moment general manager Masai Ujiri was brought in to put his stamp on the franchise, the Raptors have surpassed all pre-season expectations. Bert Blyleven Jersey . - The Clippers have signed guard Dahntay Jones to a second 10-day contract. http://www.authentictwinsgear.com/twins ... or-jersey/. He also had some help Monday night.Hibbert scored a season-high 29 points to help Indiana beat the Utah Jazz 97-86 Monday night, ending the Pacers six-game losing streak. Joe Mauer Jersey . 5 Trade Deadline is drawing closer and teams will be deciding on whether to buy or sell. Justin Morneau Jersey . The kind he has every so often. The kind he has when Dwyane Wade sits. James scored 43 points -- 25 in a bewildering first-quarter shooting display -- and Chris Bosh added 21, leading the Miami Heat to a 100-96 win Tuesday night over the Cleveland Cavaliers, who played their first game without injured All-Star guard Kyrie Irving.OAKLAND, Calif. -- When the Seattle Mariners were in the midst of a recent eight-game losing streak, manager Lloyd McClendon reminded his players such stretches happen, and they will happen again. Then he challenged them to respond in a positive way. The club is now doing a little bit of everything right to get back on track. Rookie Roenis Elias struck out six while pitching into the seventh to win consecutive starts for the first time, Justin Smoak drove in three runs and the Mariners beat the Oakland Athletics 8-3 on Tuesday night for their season-best fourth straight victory. "Its been something incredible," Elias said. "Everybodys together doing their job. I like my team how theyre playing baseball." Smoak hit an RBI double and Dustin Ackley a run-scoring single in the first to back Elias (3-2), who followed up a 10-strikeout gem at Yankee Stadium his last time out with another impressive start once he settled down. The Mariners jumped on Jesse Chavez (2-1) to take a quick first-inning lead for the second straight game against the As -- and Seattle scored all three of its first-inning runs with two outs on the way to its ninth win in 11 games overall. "We know that were not going to win a playoff spot in April," Michael Saunders said. "However, that being said, losing eight straight was a definite learning experience for us. Its not going to be the last time." Chavez got a scare and escaped injury in the fourth when he saved himself from a hard-hit liner by Saunders by catching the screamer that was going right for his face. "It was all reflexes, I just put my glove up," Chavez said. "As soon as I let go of the pitch I saw him make contact. Ive jumped out of the way at balls at my lower body, but Ive never had one like that at my face before." Making the play knocked him off his feet to end the fourth, and the small Coliseum crowd of 12,106 briefly fell silent. "Luckily no one got hurt. I havent seen the replay but guys said it had a chance to hit him square in the face," Saunders said. Chavez got a double play to face the minimum in the fifth, but his night ended after allowing Mike Zuninos sixth-inning sacrifice fly following a hit battsman and a walk.dddddddddddd Oakland No. 9 hitter Nick Punto pulled Oakland back in it with a two-run, two-out single in the second. Yoenis Cespedes, back in the starting lineup after nursing a left hamstring injury, hit a leadoff home run in the sixth. The As squandered a scoring chance in the seventh against Dominic Leone, leaving the tying run on third as they again struggled with runners in scoring position. Elias allowed three runs and five hits with three walks in 6 1-3 innings in his seventh career start. Sean Doolittle struck out all four batters he faced in relief of Chavez. But Seattle added on four unearned runs in the top of the ninth against 2013 AL saves leader Jim Johnson, who was booed off the mound when pulled by manager Bob Melvin as fans headed for the exits. Smoak added a two-run single. For Wednesdays doubleheader, Felix Hernandez will pitch Game 1 for Seattle and Erasmo Ramirez the second. As manager Bob Melvin didnt announce his choice for the nightcap, though Dan Straily pitches the opener. Oakland will make right-hander Arnold Leon its 26th player for the second game but is likely to start Drew Pomeranz since he didnt pitch in relief Tuesday. The 25-year-old Leons family was scheduled to fly in from Mexico for his likely major league debut after nine seasons in the minors. The teams are playing two after an April 4 game was called because of a soggy field that had mistakenly gone without its tarp during a heavy rainstorm. NOTES: Saunders, who came in batting .393 with a homer and five RBIs in seven games batting leadoff, went 0 for 4 atop the order. "I dont like messing with success," McClendon said. "Hes been doing great, weve been doing great. Its kind of hard to change that."... As reliever Eric OFlaherty, on the disabled list since undergoing Tommy John surgery in the off-season, threw a 30-pitch bullpen session and could begin throwing to hitters soon, and Melvin said an announcement on the pitchers next step would come Wednesday. ... Melvin said Triple-A catcher Stephen Vogt, an As playoff star last October currently on Sacramentos disabled list, is close to returning from a strained oblique muscle. 02:32ET 07-05-14 Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '