store only to be stopped when the anti-theft detection

VANCOUVER - Every once in a while, Delvin Breaux walks out of a store only to be stopped when the anti-theft detection system goes off.The Hamilton Tiger-Cat defensive back always has the required receipt. But he also walks around with a tangle of metal screws, rods and plates after breaking his neck in 2006 playing high school football in Louisiana.Breaux is more than the Ticats shutdown corner. He is a study in courage and perseverance.Great player. Better man, said Hamilton special teams and linebackers coach Jeff Reinebold.A highly recruited 17-year-old, Breaux was headed for NCAA glory when his life slid off the rails in a game between his McDonogh 35 High School and Jesuit High in New Orleans. Racing down the left sideline on special teams, Breaux angled towards the kick returner and, cutting round the corner of the five-man wall, launched himself at the ball-carrier like an Exocet missile.Later at the hospital, he was told he had broken his C4, C5, C6 vertebrae and an artery had been partially blocked by a chopped bone. His doctor told him he should be dead.Eight years later, the 25-year-old Breaux is a CFL Eastern all-star in his second year in the league. On Sunday, he has a second shot at the Grey Cup, with only the Calgary Stampeders in his way.Im thankful just for the opportunity to be here, he said Thursday. And to be alive.Breaux knows his story is inspiring, and hes willing to share it. But his preference is not to dwell on the past.I dont like to be reminded of what happened, because I could have been dead, he said.His journey back was long and hard. The injury cost him his football career at LSU, one of a plethora of top schools to offer him a scholarship, and sent him to some dark places.The moments when I didnt have anywhere to go. The moments when I could see myself not being the person I wanted to be, he recalled.Breaux credits his faith and fiancee Kasey for helping him get back on track. He gradually built back his body and signed on with the semi-pro Louisiana Bayou Vipers in 2012 just to get some game film (shot by Kasey) to show scouts.In reality, there was almost nothing pro about the Gridiron Developmental Football League. It was disorganized and Breaux played for free. But he saw it as a chance to resume pursuing his dream.Its not about money, its not about chasing girls, said Breaux. Its about having passion for the game or having passion for what you like to do. To play the game for free after breaking your neck, man I think thats inspiring.Breaux worked out in front of pro scouts in San Antonio, turning heads by running 40 yards in 4.35 seconds and covering receivers like a glove.CFL scouts were interested but the level of competition in his prized semi-pro game film did not wow them. Someone suggested he tried Arena Football and, after a brief stint with the New Orleans VooDoo, he signed in Hamilton as a free agent in May 2013.Today the six-foot-one 196-pounder is a key member of the Ticat defence, usually tasked with shutting down star receivers. In the Eastern final, he kept Als wideout Duron Carter under wraps for close to three quarters. Carter, who hauled in 75 passes for 1,030 yards during the regular season, finished with three catches for 25 yards.The Breaux show is winning rave reviews.Im just super proud of Delvin, said Hamilton defensive co-ordinator Orlondo Steinauer. Hes in just his second year and to me he had the same type of year last year. He just had some injuries and wasnt getting any recognition.Hes a guy whos not going to have a lot of stats. Hes just going to have tight coverage a majority of the time.Hes definitely a stud, added Hamilton quarterback Zach Collaros. I know our guys do not like playing against him in practice. Hes a very physical corner. He covers well, he runs well.Breaux acknowledges he has a lot to be thankful for these days. He is living his dream. And when someone recognizes him in Hamilton, he sees it as proof he is a role model and doing something positive with his life.Not surprisingly, Breaux keeps what happens on the field in perspective. He says losing the championship game to Saskatchewan last year was difficult. But he dealt with the disappointment.On the plane ride home I was thinking about it, he said. But at a point in time you just have to get over it. The game is over with and you just have to work on next season.Breaux says his neck is 100 per cent these days, although he works hard at maintaining the strength in that area. He is reminded of what happened daily, however, via the scars on the front and back of his neck.Still the day his life almost faded to black is behind him.Theres nothing but light in front of me.Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter Bryan Trottier Jersey . - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are going to meet with Richie Incognito to determine if one of the central figures in the Miami Dolphins bullying scandal can help their struggling offensive line. Matt Martin Jersey . The light-heavyweight champion and number one ranked pound-for-pound fighter in the world is on an 11-fight UFC winning streak, the longest in the history of the weight class. http://www.islanderssale.com/customized/ . - Jordan Addesis shootout goal helped the Plymouth Whalers to a 3-2 win over the Sault Ste. Billy Smith Jersey . The Argentine midfielder made the announcement himself on Twitter on Tuesday and posted a picture of his swollen left foot. His message said he would be out "at least three weeks. New York Islanders Jerseys . -- The Chiefs have signed seven players to reserve/future contracts, including running back Joe McKnight, a former fourth-round pick of the New York Jets.CHICAGO -- The Royals are complementing their solid defence and pitching with a potent offence. Salvador Perez hit a three-run homer and Kansas City completed a three-game sweep of the Chicago White Sox with a 6-3 win Sunday. James Shields (8-3) won his fifth straight decision and the Royals extended their season-high win streak to seven games. Shields pitched out of trouble throughout his outing. Shields allowed three runs and 10 hits in six innings. Greg Holland pitched a scoreless ninth for his 20th save in 21 chances. The Royals havent lost with Shields on the mound since May 2, and hes 5-0 in eight starts because of the Royals 42 runs of support. Eric Hosmer also hit a two-run home run for the Royals. "This series we played on all cylinders," Shields said. "We pitched, we hit, we played some good defence. We drew our walks, we had good situational hitting and good timely hitting. "I think this is the first series all year that we really hit on all cylinders, so it is nice to see. Alejandro De Aza had a two-run double for the White Sox, who lost their fourth straight game. Starter Andre Rienzo (4-4) allowed six runs and six hits in six innings. The White Sox have lost 10 of their past 11 home games against the Royals been outscored 53-20 in them. "Obviously theyre playing good baseball and were scuffling a little bit," Gordon Beckham said. "You know, its part of (the game). Its frustrating, but we played a pretty good game today. Grinding out at-bats, try to do some good things. It just didnt go our way." With one out in the first inning, Hosmer connected on a 1-2 pitch for a two-run shot to centre. It was his fourth of the season. "Were getting off to early leads," Hosmer said. "Were giving our pitchers breathing room early. The way they have bbeen throwing for us all year they have been lights out.dddddddddddd Now to give them nice breathing room early and get some leads and not let them to be fine with their pitches and let them go out there and let the defence work." With the Royals up 2-1 in the third inning with two outs, Billy Butler was hit by Rienzos pitch. Alex Gordon drew a walk then Perez followed with a home run to left, giving the Royals a 5-1 lead. It was Perezs seventh of the season. Mike Moustakas scored from second on Jarrod Dysons RBI single in the fourth inning after he was initially ruled out on a force at second base. The call was overturned after a challenge. Adam Eaton led off the first inning with a hard grounder that went underneath Hosmers glove at first. Eaton wound up with a stand-up triple. One pitch later, Shields appeared to have Eaton picked off at third base, but plate umpire Paul Emmel ruled that Shields did not step off the rubber and awarded Eaton home. Royals manager Ned Yost argued the balk and was tossed by Emmel as he was headed back to the dugout. Yost then confronted Emmel for another animated conversation before leaving the game. "I said something when I was walking away that made me sit in this office," Yost said. "I dont think I ever got kicked out before the first out in the bottom of the first. I just felt really strongly that was a good play." De Aza had a two-run double off Shields in the fourth inning. NOTES: Yost was ejected for the third time this season. ... White Sox LHP John Danks is scheduled to start on Tuesday against the Giants. He is 2-1 with a 2.11 ERA in his past three starts. ... Eaton finished the game with three hits. ... White Sox C Tyler Flowers had the day off. He is in a 0-for-22 slump. After a strong start Flowers average has dropped to .250. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '